At Morning Cookies, every order is sent with an original cookie recipe.
We asked our grandmother THE secret recipe for the best sugar cookie you'll never ever eaten.
Here it is, but don't tell her... ;)
You'll certaintly fall in love with this smooth and tasty vanilla dough (even raw...)
Morning Cookies declines all responsibility for Sugar Cookie Addiction ;)
- 2 cups unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract (or 1 vanilla bean seeds)
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together on low to medium speed.
Mix for about one minute, until thoroughly incorporated.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula and mix again for a few seconds more.
Don’t over mix butter and sugar to it will cause too much air to be incorporated and the dough will spread more during baking.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract slowly and mix.
- Scrape down the bowl with the spatula and mix again.
- Add flour and salt to the bowl.
Place a large tea towel between the edge of the bowl and the electric mixer so that the flour won't escape.
Mix on low speed for 30 seconds until you have a homogeneous dough.
- When you dough is ready, store it in fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
A night will be better, vanilla extract will perfume the dough.
- Roll out the dough on a floured countertop, and cut out cookie shapes.
Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Re-roll scraps and repeat.
- Put cookie dough shapes back into the fridge for 10 minutes to 1 hour to chill again. They will then hold their shape better when baked.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F or 175°C.
Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
Baking time will depend on the size of your cookie.
- Let cookies cool to room temperature and decorate!
Join us on social media @morningcookiescutters and share your amazing sugar cookies with us #morningcookiescutters.